Welcome to our
steel pan home!
You are on our CD page now. If you want other info/pages look at the menu above and click your choice. For event bookings click on the 'Contact' link.
CD's by Greg and Junko
You can go to the "CD's Listen Now" link above for a few samples or go to your favorite download site to hear all songs. Want hard copies? Click on cdbaby.com/artist/gregjunkomacdonald.
1) "Pan 2 Paradise" is the worlds first Hawaiian/Caribbean steel drum mix. Winner, Best World Music Album/Artists at the 2001 Hawaii Music Awards. Songs are: Yellow Bird, Pearly Shells, Matilda, Hanalei Moon, Island in the Sun, Tiny Bubbles, Three Little Birds, Blue Hawaii, Hawaiian War Chant, Jamaica Farewell, Beyond the Reef, Marianne, Hawaiian Wedding Song, Aloha Oe.
2) "Banana Boat Rider" is a collection of festive international favorites, Under The Sea, Jamaica Farewell, Margaritaville, Brown Eyed Girl, Sukiyaki, Red Red Wine, I Shot the Sherrif, Iko Iko, Under the Boardwalk , Limbo Rock, Whimoweh, I Can See Clearly Now, Day O. Winner, Best World Music Album/Artists at the 1999 Hawaii Music Awards.
3) "Pan A Cabana" is a Latin collection: Quando Quando, Spanish Eyes, Mack the Knife Mambo, Save the Last Dance For Me, Brazil, Never on Sunday, Tijuana Taxi/Peanut Vendor, Guantanamera, Shake Senora, La Paloma, Girl from Ipanema, Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White, St. Thomas, and Vaya con Dios, and winner of the Best Latin Album/Artists at the 2000 Hawaii Music Awards.
4) "Sweet Dreaming" is Classical/semi-classical tunes done in a relaxing style. Songs are: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Ave Maria (both Bach and Shubert), La Donna e Moble, Today, Amapola, Beautiful Dreamer, Edelweiss, On Wings of Song, Over the Rainbow, Canon in D, Barcarolle, Santa Lucia, What a Wonderful World. It turned out wonderful and I laugh when I imagine what Verdi might think if he heard his La Donna on steel drum with an ukulele solo. Winner, Best Classical Music Album/Artists at the 2002 Hawaii Music Awards.
5) "A Real Steel Christmas" is half tropical island style, and half acapella pan, which many of you have requested we do. Silver Bells, Mary's Little Boy Child, Mele Kalikimaka, Silent Night, Jingle-Bell Rock, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Santa Medley - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Here Comes Santa Claus, Christmas Medley #1: It Came Upon The Midnight Clear - The First Noel - O Little Town Of Bethlehem, Jingle Bells, Feliz Navidad, Christmas Medley #2: Deck The Halls - O Christmas Tree - Joy To The World, Frosty The Snowman, Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Jesu', Joy Of Man's Desiring (Bonus Track from Sweet Dreaming). Winner, Best Seasonal Music Album/Artists at the 2003 Hawaii Music Awards.
6) "Timeless" is a collection of standards from the 20's to the 50's. Winner, Best (soft) Jazz Music Album/Artists at the 2004 Hawaii Music Awards. Mona Lisa, Fascination, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Around the World in 80 Days, Eternally from Charlie Chaplin's movie Limelight, Paper Moon, Volare, Maria Eleana, Something Stupid, Begin the Beguine, Almost Like Being in Love, Tea for Two, and The Way You Look Tonight.
7) "Aloha from Hawaii" is 100% Hawaiian tunes combining steel drums with ukulele, Hawaiian steel guitar and slack key guitar. All band members have either won a Grammy, a Hawaii Music Award or a Na Hoku (Hawaii music industry award.) Song are: Little Grass Shack, Morning Dew, Honolulu City Lights, Sea Breeze, Akaka Falls, I'll Remember You, Hukilau Song, Harbor Lights, Sanoe, Kaimana Hila, These Islands, Hawaiian Lullaby, Sophisticated Hula, Ka Nohona Pili Kai, and Aloha Oe (different version than on Pan 2 Paradise.)
8) “Sweet Dreaming Vol. II” is a sequel to Sweet Dreaming and has the same easy listening quality. Songs are: I Can't Help Falling In Love With You, Yesterday, Lara's Theme (from Doctor Zhivago), Stardust, Unchained Melody, Song for Anna, Italian Medley (Arrivederchi Roma and O Sole Mio), Here, There and Everywhere, When You Wish Upon a Star, Fur Elise, Hamabe No Uta (a Japanese folk song meaning Song of the Seashore), Amazing Grace, Winter (From Vivaldi's "Seasons Suite"), La Vie en Rose, Air (On a G String by Bach), and My Way. This CD is our newest and will take you into dreamland.
9) “Radio Cafe” will be available approximately in August 2011. Hit songs from the late 50’s/early 60’s. Songs are: Diana, Pretty Woman, Vacation, Little Darlin’, Mr. Lonely, All I Have To Do Is Dream, Hey! Baby, Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Teddy Bear, Tico Tico, Spanish Harlem, Patricia, Rhythm Of The Rain, Tie A Yellow Ribbon, Bye Bye Love, I Walk The Line, Crying.
Although you can sample a few songs at this site by clicking on the "CD's Listen Now" button above, you can also go to your favorite download site. Want hard copies? Go to: http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/gregjunkomacdonald
This was at the Bayer Estate just outside Waikiki. Great for small weddings.